1. If I speak more than one language my child will become confused
2. Since my child has a communication problem, I should only speak to them in one language. And since they speak English at school, we should only speak English at home.
3. Bilingual children start to speak later than monolingual children
1. Language "confusion" does not exist. Research shows that children are able to differentiate between languages. In fact, being bilingual is linked to many cognitive advantages.
2. When a child has a communication disorder, the most valuable thing parents can offer them is great language input. Speak to your children in whatever language you feel the most comfortable with - even if it isn't English.
3. There is no scientific research that supports this myth. All children, regardless of the languages they speak, have the same window for developing language.
Proudly powered by Weebly
Copyright: 2015 Es Speech LLC. All Rights Reserved.